Unilever places great emphasis on rewarding at the right policy positions for the market.
This requires managing a careful balance of merit increases against market movements for 160,000 employees in 100 countries globally – no easy feat.
Unilever started this many years ago using spreadsheets, but it proved an extremely resource intensive exercise for all involved.
Today the process is completely automated
All Total Reward data is centrally held and organised in a real-time digital reward application.
The application has a module for global benchmarking application that :
- Maps all company rewards to market Benchmarks (e.g. Total Target Cash)
- Maps company populations to market populations (e.g. Hay reference level)
- Imports any form of market data
- Allows local managers to propose merit increases and new payscales per population and country;
- And Automatically calculates pre and post merit market positions, total reward cost, compensation data,
company ratios, cost to bring inline policy and more.